Sunday, March 28, 2010

Review: Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac ~ Gabrielle Kilmi


In which memories are lost, gained, and remade. Also I discover a love for old records.

Fifteen year old Naomi’s life was going pretty well. Or so they tell her. Personally, she can’t remember. After taking a serious fall, she’s lost four years of her memory. She doesn’t remember her best friend, her parents’ divorce, her boyfriend, even what she likes to do. It’s a long, tangled road of love, love lost, love, love lost, before Naomi finally knows where, and how, she belongs.
I liked this book. A lot. I liked the use of music throughout (I Will by the Beatles, Bittersweet Symphony by the Verve, and Better Man by Pearl Jam? All in the same book? YES.), I LOVE the character development, but mostly I loved Will. Naomi’s best friend. he’s the constant that doesn’t let her forget herself, and is always there for her when she’s frustrated. he wears old fashioned clothes, has a record collection, and uses a type writer. I don’t mind saying, I was in love.
Light, but thoughtful, I’ve been recommending this book as soon as I got to chapter two.
I made my mom read it. Yeah. It was THAT fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment