Saturday, July 31, 2010

Read-a-Thon Update #1

Considering I had an all day birthday party to participate in today, I think I'm doing alright. I took a break from Unseen Academicals to read Holly Black and Ted Naifeh's graphic novel, The Good Neighbors; book one, Kin. I liked it! It didn't astound me, like Holly Black's work often does, but the pictures were unique, and the story was solid. I'll read the rest for sure, once I get my hands on them. And now I'm onto The Reformed Vampire Support Group, by Catherine Jinks. I promise my Terry Pratchett I'll come back to him, I just needed a break!
So this is what my goal list currently looks like:

Unseen Academicals ~ Terry Pratchett
The Good Neighbors; book one ~ Holly Black
The Reformed Vampire Support Group ~ Catherine Jinks
Shades of Grey: The Road to High Saffron ~ Jasper Fforde
(and if tomorrow goes ridiculously well, which I doubt)
Fablehaven (Fablehaven book 1) ~ Brandon Mull

All books I've had out from the library for ages, renewed more than once, and never seem to get around to reading! Fingers crossed, I can return them soon.

2 comments:

  1. How long do you get to keep your books from the library before having to renew them? Congratulations on finishing a book too! It feels so good to be able to finish one! Last time I did a read-a-thon I think I got like 20 pages read. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three weeks. And I've renewed this particular batch of books twice already.
    It is SUCH a good feeling! :D Yay I read more than 20 pages!!

    ReplyDelete