Friday, July 30, 2010

Read-a-Thon!

Unputdownables is hosting a weekend read-a-thon. From her blog:
~
Are you like me with piles of book (or lists of books) a mile long on your To-Be-Read (TBR) list? Although I do read more than the average Jane, I don’t read as much as I would like to. I keep passing my bookshelf wanting to get some of those books read! So, this weekend I am going to limit the TV and the outings (I’ve been gone for the past week anyway and have a trip to Tahoe coming up very soon… one weekend inside won’t do me any harm), and the random errands and I’m going to READ! I’m rather looking forward to using the next few days to pick a few books off of my shelf to put in my Read-a-Thon pile.

So are you in? Come read with me this weekend!
~
Well okay! I will! I got home late tonight, but I'm gonna do it. I'm not going to try to do anything of TOO epic proportions, but well, I have this stack of library books I have been trying to finish and never getting around to. So HERE WE GO!
Book number one is Terry Pratchett's Unseen Academicals. Aaaand GO.

5 comments:

  1. Yay! Glad you are joining! How;s it going so far? I haven't heard of Unseen Academicals... should I add it to my TBR? You will have to let me know when you are done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Go Go Go GO!

    Is it a good book? Huh? Huh? Huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's going! So far so good. I'm not far enough in to make a judgement call on the book yet, since some of Pratchett's Discworld novels are not as good as the others. But if you like satirical fantasy, he should definitely be on your list!
    I'll let you know about the book for sure once I'm finished :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I'm just a cheerleader - not participating. Hope it's going well. Nice excuse for a take-out, no cooking tonight, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I've ever read satirical fantasy before... will have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete